Monday, October 17, 2016

Life's Lesson & Art (Me, My Bro and Life)
by Joanallyn Asuncion on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 8:57am

JOB DISTANCED US! WHAT WOULD BRING US TOGETHER?

               At an early age, and as kids, my brother and I were like enemies. We always have petty quarrels. Most of the time our mom would yell at our childish acts, and "sometimes," she's our referee.
           As we grew older, I had the impulse to distinguish myself with bold actions but I lacked my brother's courage and sometimes it made me feel inadequate. I talk a lot. My brother is a man of few words. We had different talents too. I had writing skills: my brother was more artistic. I could write essays, compose poems and make feature articles. He could draw anything. I could use flowery words magically to make my masterpiece beautiful. He could turn ugliness into a work of art.
           I never thought that the writing skills, I possessed were special but I always believed that my brother's artistic ability was a rare gift.
         My brother is now working abroad - with a happy and God-centered life, I believe it's where artists should be. I wanted to think of myself as an artist too but I know I was born to be a teacher.

           I had no tales to tell, nothing to relate to foreign lands, no significant achievements to share. More often than not, I felt like a failure next to him(but not, when I became a TEACHER!)
I am glad that my brother whom I spend my childhood years is now happily married to a teacher.. I am a teacher, isn't that an additional merit on my part? c',

           I realized that the charmed life I had envisioned him living did not come up that easy... he moved heaven and earth for it. I, too, have achieved my goals and used my talents. I prayed for it.
We have learned a lot about life. Life taught us to be strong...to be independent...to be who we are.
We lean on one another now, each gaining strength from the other for our separate journeys.


         Job distanced us... Faith in God will bring us together.

1 comment: